A small fire that started in a fuse box destroyed this family home in four minutes – Independent.ie

THIS family is lucky to be alive after escaping from their home which went up in flames within minutes.SHAREJoan Hand thanked the fire service who insisted she got her family out of the house immediately, even though the fire didn’t appear too severe at the outset.Within minutes the fire had ripped through the family home, destroying most of the downstairs.“The best Christmas present ever is that we are all alive this morning,” said Ms Hand. “It was terrifying how fast it happened.”“We are very lucky, if it was four hours later and we were in bed we would be dead.”The first sign of anything being amiss was the power going out in their home near Collon in Co Louth on Thursday evening.

via A small fire that started in a fuse box destroyed this family home in four minutes - Independent.ie.