Electrical short causes fire – Winston-Salem Journal: Local News
Electrical short causes fire An electrical short in an extension cord caused a house fire Friday night in the 1000 block of Goldfloss Street, near Thomasville Road. No one was at the house when the fire started. Firefighters got the call about 10:20 p.m., Battalion Chief Craig Williams of the Winston-Salem Fire Department said Saturday. […]
Almost 5,000 homes to remain without power overnight – Independent.ie
Almost 5,000 homes to remain without power overnight * Up to 70,000 homes suffered from power outages * Roof blown off Coláiste Cois Life in Lucan, Dublin * Five flights cancelled at Dublin Airport due to high cross-winds * Pearse St Station to remain closed for the rest of the day due to roof damage […]
House is toast after family dog starts fire – Independent.ie
A pigeon dropping a discarded cigarette down a chimney and a dog turning on a toaster were among some of the most bizarre causes of fires this year, England’s biggest brigade has revealed. via House is toast after family dog starts fire – Independent.ie.
Busy week this week in Raheny, Sallynoggin, Dalkey, Cabinteely, Stepaside and Monkstown
Very busy week this week. Everyone wants things sorted out before Christmas. Mostly faulty lights and sockets. Luckily most of the jobs were easy enough and no major problems showing up. Thanks to all our customers.
Guests evacuated from hotel following fire – Independent.ie
A Dublin city centre hotel had to be evacuated early this morning after a fire broke out in its kitchens. More than 30 guests and up to ten staff had to leave the Celtic Lodge hotel on Talbot Street when the fire started at around 5.30am. Four units of Dublin Fire Brigade were on the scene […]
Loose connections can cause fires. Came across this today when working near Marino D9
I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to check connections. This customer was lucky, I was there to do another job but checked the connections around the fuse board and came across this. The house could have burnt down.