Got an emergency call out from ESB Networks last week to a premises where the ESB equipment had caused a little fire. Some of the ESB customers equipment was damaged due to the fire, so I got a call out to repair and replace faulty equipment in the customers premises. We had supply back on […]
Working in Dalkey and Mount Merrion fixing lights and sockets. Then replaciing faulty immersion in Ballybrack
Working in Dalkey this morning checking out down lighters. The Lights were fitted too close to the timber joists and the wood had started to burn. I replaced the halogen down lighters with 5 Watt LED lamps. Then up to Mount Merrion to move sockets for a customer. Up to Ballybrack this afternoon to replace […]
fixing immersion in Killiney and then servicing emergency lights in Dun Laoghaire. Then down to Sandycove to wire in some new sockets and replace switches
Started off in Killiney replacing a faulty thermostat in Immersion heater, then down to Dun Laoghaire to service emergency lighting. Spent the afternoon wiring in new sockets and replacing faulty switches.
I was working in a home in Dalkey the other day. The immersion was not working. On removing the switch from the wall 3 connections came away from the switch. The householders friend had connected up the switch. There were a few problems in the switch and immersion group. They were bad connections. missing link […]
Busy day yesterday. Started early in Dalkey, then up to Killiney on to Ballybrack and finished up at 9pm in Monkstown.
Quite a busy day yesterday, changing a fuse board in Dalkey then two emergency calls to Killiney and Ballybrack. Faulty socket circuit in Killiney and then a faulty cooker switch in Ballybrack. Finished up in Monkstown about 9pm last night.
Most fires in homes are caused by electricity. Simple things to remember are Switch off appliances when not in use. Plug out appliances when going away on holidays. Unplug or switch off any appliance that feels warm to touch. If switches or sockets are warm to touch turn them off immediately and contact an electrician. […]
London buildings evacuated and West End cancelled after fire broke out underground PUBLISHED 01/04/2015 | 21:41SHARE OPEN GALLERY 1 Firefighters tackle a blaze in central London April 1. Reuters/Toby Melville An underground electrical fire in central London which caused "pavements to explode" and led to the evacuation of more than 2,000 people and the closure […]