Came across this on Monday evening. Luckily the MCB tripped and prevented a fire. lighting cable was used to supply the hob in this instance. The connections were extremely badly terminated and the phase (live) conductor fell away as soon as I touched it.
Heroic Irish rock band save children from devastating US house fire – Independent.ie Fire caused by faulty electrics
An Irish rock band have been praised for saving over a dozen people from a raging house fire in the US - including an eight-month-old baby and three other children aged under five. Source: Heroic Irish rock band save children from devastating US house fire - Independent.ie