Another busy day yesterday. First up to Shankill to connect up new oven and hob. Then to Killiney to replace pull cord switch for shower. Then down to Dalkey to replace light switch. Then no supply call to Loughlinstown, it was just a blown fuse. Then to Cabinteely to do a bit of work on […]
A bord gas technician told the customer there was a problem with her boiler. He told her the earth wire was live. On checking out the boiler and electrics in the house I found no problem. I tried to contact the technician but Bord Gas would not give out his number. I asked Bord Gas […]
Got an emergency call out today to Eaglewood Rochestown Avenue. No sockets were working in the house. In the course of my investigation I discovered that there was reverse polarity on the socket circuits. The fault was in the fuse board and was there since the apartment was built. It is important that polarity of […]
I have often come across circuits where the cables were overloaded. If your house has not been rewired then the chances are that the kitchen circuit is overloaded. Does the fuse keep blowing or does the MCB trip out often. If this happens you should get your load checked. I came across a job last […]
LocalWoman Burned, Puppy Killed In OC House Fire Caused By Overloaded Electrical CordAugust 17, 2014 5:14 PMShare on email1View CommentsRelated Tags: 13 Displaced, Electrical Cord, House Fire, Orange County House Fire, Puppy Dies, Santa Ana, South Ramona DriveTop Features For iPhone and AndroidCBSLA Text Alerts Follow Us On TwitterSANTA ANA CBSLA.com — Officials say a house […]
Busy couple of days in Glasthule, Dalkey, Bray and Tinahely yesterday. Then Shankill and Dun Laoghaire today
Started off wiring in attic light in Glasthule. Then fixing immersion in Dalkey. Off to Bray then to test and certify a shop. Then emergency call to Tinahely. Today wiring up down lighters and sockets in Shankill. Then down to Dun Laoghaire to replace socket that had burnt out.