Overloaded electric circuits can cause fires. See previous blog

I have often come across circuits where the cables were overloaded. If your house has not been rewired then the chances are that the kitchen circuit is overloaded. Does the fuse keep blowing or does the MCB trip out often. If this happens you should get your load checked.

I came across a job last week, where the householder had put their washing machine and tumble dryer in an outside shed. The cable feeding the shed was too small and was overheating.

 

Don't overload circuits