Got a call out to a customer’s premises in Dalkey on Friday. The lights on the stairs were tripping out the MCB. This circuit also included emergency lighting. The batteries on the emergency lighting had all run out so there was no lighting on the stairs. I located the problem and isolated it from the […]
Got a call to replace 23 low voltage halogen downlighters in a Dublin home. Even though the house was recently rewired 4 of the transformers had started to show signs of burning. LED down lighters are much safer and will pay for themselves in less than a year.
Got a call out to a house in Dalkey as the shower was not working. While working in the house I noticed the main fuse was hot. On further investigation I found the main switch fuse starting to burn out. The damage is quite visible on the cable feeding the main fuse. It is important to […]