Electricity can cause fire in the home

Got a call out to a house in Dalkey as the shower was not working. While working in the house I noticed the main fuse was hot. On further investigation I found the main switch fuse starting to burn out. The damage is quite visible on the cable feeding the main fuse. burnt main switch fuseIt is important to be aware of overheating with any electrical appliance or fixture. If any electrical plug, socket, switch etc feels warm to the touch, there is a problem and it needs to be investigated urgently.