Busy day wiring up new garden lights in Dalkey yesterday. Garden spikes, Wall lights and Spot lights. Then down to Blackrock to check sockets in a house, problem sorted in a couple of minutes, faulty kettle. Then up to Cabinteely to fix some lights in a house. While there one of the neighbour's called in […]
Gas, electrical and electronic products for use in the home must comply with specific safety regulations, and they must carry the CE mark. Malfunctioning gas or electrical products can lead to serious injury or death - gas appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, and unsafe or broken electrical products can be a fire hazard or […]
Dimpco has identified a safety issue with a plug fitted to a batch of portable fan heaters. There is a risk that the plug may overheat in use, leading to the potential exposure of live parts and electric shock. Affected models can be identified by the brand ‘TOWELL’ on the plug. Heaters which were purchased […]
Had to install a new emergency exit sign in Monkstown today. Then up to Leopardstown to install an extractor fan in bathroom. Then emergency call to Monkstown to replace faulty time switch on central heating. Then up to Dalkey to talk to a customer about garden lighting.
Got a call from a customer in Sandymount re their immersion heater. Tested the heating element and changed the immersion as the element was faulty. When finished I did an insulation test and an earth loop impedance test to ensure the wiring in the house was sound.