Gas and electrical appliance safety – Consumer Help

Gas, electrical and electronic products for use in the home must comply with specific safety regulations, and they must carry the CE mark.

Malfunctioning gas or electrical products can lead to serious injury or death -  gas appliances can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, and unsafe or broken electrical products can be a fire hazard or electrocution risk.  So make sure you follow the product’s instructions carefully and contact ESB Electric Ireland or Bord Gáis if you have any concerns.

With many kinds of electrical or gas equipment like a cooker or boiler, you will need a properly qualified person to install it for you. They should have the relevant certification or registration.

via Gas and electrical appliance safety - Consumer Help.