Guests evacuated from hotel following fire – Independent.ie

A Dublin city centre hotel had to be evacuated early this morning after a fire broke out in its kitchens.

More than 30 guests and up to ten staff had to leave the Celtic Lodge hotel on Talbot Street when the fire started at around 5.30am. Four units of Dublin Fire Brigade were on the scene within minutes as well as a number of ambulances.

Nobody was injured in the blaze but it is understood there was extensive smoke damage from the fire.

Hotel manager Mark Adams praised the quick-thinking of a cleaner on duty for raising the alarm.

“There seems to have been an electrical problem in the kitchen, and one of our cleaners was upstairs and smelled smoke and called the fire brigade immediately,” he told Independent.ie.

via Guests evacuated from hotel following fire - Independent.ie.