fire danger in the home
Most fires are caused by electrical faults. I have come across a lot of potential fires in recent times. Please note the following
- If you get a smell of burning plastic (smells fishy at times) check it out.
- If switches or sockets show signs of discoloration get them checked out.
- If switches, sockets or cables feel warm to touch get them checked out.
- If your fuse board looks discolored get it checked out.
- If plug tops are difficult to push into the socket get them checked.
- Do not use too many extension leads.
- Always check your RCD and RCBO’s are operating properly. See earlier blogs.