Melted plastic in Monkstown.

An old work mate gave me a ring and said there that  the plastic housing on his fuse board was melting. He was wondering if I could call over in the next few days. I told his that it was dangerous and I would be over within 15 minutes. When I got there the main fuse unit and an MCB had been burnt. The problem was the main fuse unit had a loose connection. If you see any distortion of any electrical appliance, smell burning or any unusual smell or if a switch feels hot to touch, you need to take immediate action. If not sure what to do ring us and we will advise you.