Missing RCD in Stillorgan

Got a call to a house in Stillorgan to change the switch on the shower. As an automatic check I found there was no RCD protecting the shower circuit. On futher investigation I discovered that the RCD on the fuse board had been by passed. People have died in other instances of this.

All sockets, Immersion, Shower, Central heating should be protected by an RCD or RCBO. See video on previous blogs to see how to test the RCD.

There was an incident in Cork a while back where an electrician was sentenced to 2.5 years in jail for by passing an RCD and a worker was killed as a result.

missing RCDConnectors used to bypass RCD.